“The Pirate Captain Toledano” Award-winning Short Film about Jewish Pirates in the Caribbean
“The Pirate Captain Toledano” is an award-winning short fiction film by Arnon Z. Shorr. It tells the story of a refugee from the Spanish inquisition who is caught as a stowaway on a 16th century pirate ship.
As of this writing, this is the ONLY dramatization of Inquisition-era Jewish piracy on film, and offers a rare cinematic depiction of non-Ashkenazi Jewish history.
The film is in English, with some Ladino and liturgical Hebrew.
Total Running Time: 10 minutes
Includes an Educator’s Guide with discussion prompts, selections from primary sources, and recommendations for further reading.
THE PURCHASE OF THIS DVD GRANTS TO YOU AN ACADEMIC LICENSE TO SCREEN THE FILM TO STUDENTS IN A CLASSROOM SETTING. THE DVD IS LABELED FOR ACADEMIC USE ONLY. THE LICENSE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE.
THIS IS NOT A PUBLIC SCREENING LICENSE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SCREEN THE FILM OUTSIDE OF A CLASSROOM SETTING (EVEN WHERE NO ADMISSION IS CHARGED), PLEASE CONTACT THE PRODUCTION COMPANY: firstname.lastname@example.org. A SCREENING FEE WILL USUALLY APPLY.
You can also book a non-classroom screening through the film’s page at JFilmBox.org
The license is for the life of the DVD. See more terms below.
Classroom Use License Agreement
Institutional purchase DOES NOT include public performance rights. To screen a film outside of the classroom, even when no admission fee is charged, you must contact the production company to obtain a public performance license. A screening fee will likely apply.
Synchronous (live) or asynchronous streaming (multiple user, video-on-demand) is also prohibited. Contact the production company for digital site licensing options.
Please be advised that the purchase of this DVD is made subject to the following conditions:
1) “Purchase” constitutes a lease of the life of the DVD.
2) The DVD will not be altered or copied in any manner whatsoever. This film is protected under United States Copyright Code.
3) The DVD is to be used only for educational use by the customer.
4) The DVD will not be shown to the public, theatrically, commercially, or for a profit. Screenings for students will not be advertised or accessible to the public.
5) The DVD contents will not be uploaded in any manner onto web servers, web hosts or video-hosting websites.
6) The DVD will not be rented, loaned for a fee, leased, or sub-leased to others.
7) The DVD contents will not be broadcast or televised.
8) The Customer will not negotiate any transaction concerning the DVD without specific written authorization from the Production Company.
Please allow up to two weeks for shipping (USA Domestic).
*Note: You do not have to be a teacher to purchase products.
Write a Review
Leave a reply Cancel reply
- Your cart is empty.