This resources package is dedicated to teaching beginner ENL, ESL and EFL students new vocabulary items connected with food (vegetables, fruits, fast food and general products).
The materials were designed in such a way so as to both appeal to the younger audience (through the use of games and color) and engage all four basic language skills (writing, speaking, reading and listening).
The set contains the following files:
- Vegetables Crossword with answer key, used to practise spelling (16 vegetable words).
- Vegetables Exercises consisting of two different activity types (word spelling + vegetables categorization by color).
- Fruit Crossword with answer key, used to practice spelling (10 fruit names) and writing about students’ favorite food.
- Fruit Exercises consisting of three different activity types (gap filling and word-picture matching + odd element out + description-picture matching).
- Food Word Search with answer key, used to revise new vocabulary.
- Food Exercises consisting of two different activity types (multiple choice questions + word spelling with picture guessing).
- My Favorite Food – a printable plate template for students to draw and list their favorite food products
- Food Preferences Questionnaire – an exercise based on pair work where two students fill out the questionnaire about their classmates by asking questions using the ‘Do you like? -> Yes, I do. / No, I don’t’ structures.
- Food Dominoes – 30 printable domino tiles with combined food vocabulary (fruit + vegetables + general), most suitable for pair work.
- Human Dominoes Game – bigger version of normal-size domino tiles, designed as a whole-class activity (up to 16 pupils) where students are given one card each and have to complete the puzzle by all standing in the correct order.
- Food Bingo Game – 4 copies of the same board with different pictures arrangement (16 food pictures per board), with game rules and printable Bingo chips. Vary the rules depending on the type of skills you want to practise (listening, speaking etc).
Food vocabulary practiced:
pizza, milk, ice cream, fish, biscuit, spaghetti, egg, sushi, bread, French fries, cheese, salad, donut, pasta, chicken, sandwich, juice, butter, popcorn, fish, ham, rice, chocolate, yogurt, soup, hot dog, bacon, lemonade, cereal, honey, steak, cake, soda, candy, pancakes, hamburger, water, sausage, cookie, apple, orange, banana, strawberry, grape, pineapple, plum, cherry, blueberry, peach, pear, raspberry, watermelon, tomato, carrot, potato, lettuce, corn, onion, peas, broccoli, pumpkin, mushroom, pepper, cucumber, cabbage, radish, leek, garlic
*Note: You do not have to be a teacher to purchase products.